Wednesday, April 6, 2011

#13 Fractured Fairy Tales by A.J. Jacobs

I have already professed my love for Rocky and Bullwinkle.  Their show was hilarious and probably the reason that my siblings and I enjoy bad puns.  So when I noticed this book on my sister's shelf the other day I couldn't resist.  As soon as I saw the cover I could hear the opening music and see the little fairy kick the giant.  Fractured Fairy Tales was my favorite part of the Rocky and Bullwinkle show and I needed to be cheered up a little.

There really isn't much to say about the book.  For anyone unfamiliar with the show, Fractured Fairy Tales were short cartoons that retold children's stories and myths with irony and puns.  Those glorious puns.  There are 25 stories included in it and most, if not all of them, are from the show.  I can't be certain that they all were because I have not seen every episode, but even if they aren't they have the same spirit and humor.  This book takes an hour at the most to read and is a nice diversion from the annoyances of real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment