Sunday, November 20, 2011

Book 30: Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris


The latest Sookie Stackhouse book was not as much fun as the first few were, but it was sufficiently crazy.  I love these books because they are fun, silly, and a nice distraction from my boring life.  So while this one wasn’t my favorite in the series, it was still entertaining to read.

As for the plot: Merlotte’s is firebombed early in the book, Sookie is dealing with her fairy relatives and new threats to her life (like in every book), and there is more vampire drama between Eric and Victor.  The usual supe antics and lots of blood.  There are a couple of plot points that seemed to contradictory, but I’m not sure how seriously I should take it. 

Vague review again but I found that I forgot a lot of the book in five months.  This normally would be the sign of an unenjoyably book but in this case, but these books aren’t something that I tend to remember much of anyway.  They are just a nice diversion for a couple hours.  Needless to say, if you don’t already read or enjoy these books, you shouldn’t read this.  But for those that are already fans, you’ll probably read it regardless of quality and it could be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment